Community and local governments should take steps to ensure its citizens and businesses can install EVSE at home or in public spaces.
To do this, communities should:
- Accept and understand installation requirements of EVSE (building and electrical contractors)
- Anticipate and enable an efficient permitting process for new EV owners
- Consider location and number of public EV charging stations
- Consider ordinances for EV public parking spaces
- Develop a maintenance and training plan for EVSE infrastructure
- Install safe and reliable EVSE (nema.org/evse)